Saturday 13 January 2018

SANDBACH....

... Quilt group had their first meeting of  2018 It was the presentation of the cheque for all the fundraising we did last year. The charity last year was the Christie Hospital .. (world famous cancer centre).. that we are fortunate to have in our area x



.. it has been a crazy time and resulted in the group raising FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS !!! When you consider the group has 43 members.... !! YES we had help .. but that is a fabulous achievement xx This year is a year off from fund raising to give every-one a chance to breath xx

OH! There was cake as well..



.. of course !! lol xx 

It was great to see everyone and to have an outing with a group x Congleton Quilt group also started up this last week .. but its a loner journey and a bigger group .. so I gave it a miss .. will go next time x HOWEVER I did not get away with it ....


..they sent me fabric and pattern to make 2 blocks for a raffle quilt!! lol x They ALSO sent me a card to cheer on the recovery..


.. that was lovely x Its the little things like that that lift the mood when you are feeling "fragile" xx ... well for me anyway xx

I have to get on and make the blocks now xx

I finished the shawl that was already partly done...






.. I am glad I did .There was some muscle loss in my arm and the tension was definatly affected. It came out looser and bigger than the last one... it evened out with blocking OK.... so now I am going to start the one with the January club wool and pattern.... 


I have some sewing to do for the next meeting at Sandbach ... but cannot show it until AFTER the meeting x ... good job the physioTERRORISTS have given me exercises to get me going xx

Hope it has been a good week for every one of you x

Diane x

4 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Wow!! What a fantastic accomplishment. You ladies are truly driven for good!

Jeneta said...

Four thousand pounds!! What a magnificent achievement. Your shawl looks so beautiful!

kiwikid said...

Your groups fundraising is fantastic Diane...well done, I can understand you all need a year off now!! Hope the exercises help with yiur arm muscles...the physioterrorists are really only trying to help you!! Lol!! The shawl looks beautiful, I like the look of your next wool to be used too.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

You belong to two fab groups there!!!! Another gorgeous shawl - hopefully knitting is great Physio!!!