Monday 23 January 2017

GOOD MORNING...

... from a lovely crisp and frosty corner of Cheshire x My daughter (in Australia) continues to complain about the heat they are having .. and so.... I am enjoying our weather all the more x lol x The garden continues to put up shoots despite the cold...



.. my peace lily is putting out flowers for our poor old world...


(it lives in the house ...I took it out side for a better picture x)

 I managed to make 2 more bags for our charity ...



...and so have 3 bags for the first 3 weeks of the year xx On track ... so far!! 

There have been 2 new hats for the grandchildren..




.. more out of the stash ... wow! I am on a winning streak .. so far x lol x

AND a shawl came off the needles last night . It is blocking at the moment so ....I will give you a "sneaky-peek" of what it looks like ..



I was determined to use as much of the wool as possible .. this is an easy pattern to do that with ... and this..



....is all I have left x

My son hurt his knee while running and has (this last week) has a "little" op. to remove some cartilage and repair the tendon....someone HAD to play ... well care for !.... the granddaughter .. so I sacrificed myself to the cause !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .. and got lots of knitting time x

Hope you are having fun x

Diane x

6 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I sure like the design in the blue hat. The textures in all your knitting projects are so lovely! How kind of you to take one for the team to take care of the granddaughter! Grandparenting is the best part of life!

http://thankfullga447 said...

Love the hats and the best part is you get things done.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful to see the plants pushing through, signs of spring coming. Wonderful beanies for the grandchildren. Great bags you have made too, you are doing well keeping up! The shawl pattern looks interesting too. Hope your sons knee repairs ok, nice to spend time with your grand daughter.

Sue Wild said...

Love the hats, especially the blue one really bright. Enjoy time playing with the granddaughter those years soon pass.

Chookyblue...... said...

i'm with your daughter.......it's been dam hot down under..........enjoy frosty weather.....

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane love those cute hats ,hope your son is ok and enjoy your time with your grand daughter xx