Saturday 6 February 2016

PHEW!..

.. this week seems to have gone by at top speed xx Either that or the time leak has become a flood.. not sure which xx

I had a dinner out with some of the girls I used to work with, I had an afternoon with a friend whose mother (very fit and active at 79)  died unexpectedly a couple of weeks ago.. lots of tea and cake x.. THEN dinner out with the ladies on the Committee of Sandbach Quilt Group ... this was our annual .. we survived another year dinner! lol x I collected the oldest grandson from school and he and his dad stayed for tea... phew! lol x

I am almost finished sorting my craft room ... its neat and tidy .. just one small pile and a MASSIVE box of fabric to go .. but most of it is done.. you may notice the dogs bed under the radiator xx....







..the floor need a good mop .. but hey.. you can now see I HAVE a floor xx lol x

I have backed a top for a baby quilt with fleece and simple quilted..



...that will be going to my son and D-I-L as soon as I sew down the binding ..and take it to show and tell x   ALSO as this is the year of use it up .. and I have been finding LOTS of small balls of wool .. I made this..



....that will be going with it xx He-He my grandson says it looks more like a Komodo dragon than a crocodile xx

I had a gradient cake of wool for Christmas and have found a GARTER stitch pattern .. with a simple chart for me to practice on .. AND it has an unusual construction for me to try and work out ...



whatch this space x

Hopefully this next week I will have a bit of breathing space and will be able to post more often and your eyes wont be worn out reading it all! lol x

Diane xx

9 comments:

kiwikid said...

WOW!!! Well done on the sorting in the sewing room!!! Looks fantastic! How exciting to find the floor!! Love the baby quilt, the animals are so cute! Love the crocodile, such a good idea to use up bits and pieces. The wool you are using is a lovely colour...good you have found a pattern that you are happy to do,but still challenges you.

Deb R said...

always great to have a sewing clean up, helps get the mind creative again, IF you can find what you need lol I usually lose things....Love the knitted animals and your quilt is too cute, love the giraffe

JoZart Designs said...

Quite a job you have done and what a stash there after the clear our and clean up.Well done but I still think you should work on mine or give me some lessons. I cleared up my sewing room last week, sort of, and it already looks the same as it was before.Nightmare.!!
I love the croc in all it's shades.
Jo x

SharynB said...

You have been a busy little bee! Your sewing room is looking great, now you can come and help me!! Love the crocodile - he is a cutie pie, and your shawl - can't wait to see it complete.

Madtatter80 said...

Love this little alligator so cute!

Julie Fukuda said...

If only I had some wall space, my organization would look a lot like yours. Movable stacking boxes hide my book cases and my sorting looks like musical chairs.

Michele said...

Cleaner is always better so you can focus on creating. And the stuffie is just adorable. Love the colors.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Love the croc! Xxx

Maggi said...

An excellent clean up