Friday 11 December 2015

PHEW....

.... things seem to have be "a bit" calmer here to-day x

Mum had her surgery.. a black eye and some soreness .. but all went well x We go back next week for sutures out and review of results xx

The shopping is mostly done .. that for Christmas anyway xx

We had the Sandbach Quilt Group Christmas party last night. There was plenty of food..



.. everyone brought a plate. The members were asked to make a card ...they were given out in a lottery .. 




.. there was a WONDERFUL response to the Christmas challenge... (the saucers are for the voting .. coins are used to vote and the one with the most coins wins x)




and there was a quiz .. the least said about my efforts in that the better! lol x

I came home with several cards and TWO presents..


I MUST find time to write some cards!!... that time leak is getting WORSE here! lol x

The Postman brought me a parcel from France..


and one from Wales..


..AND my December swap blocks .. and a lovely coaster....



I gave him a Quality Street (chocolate sweet) .. as a reward xx

I found some more of my Christmas ornaments from previous years ...



The family made it to the plane and are well on their way WOOP WOOP .. so now it is just waiting ... and waiting ... and .... lol x

Diane xx

5 comments:

kiwikid said...

Lots of beautiful cards and Xmas decorations there....hope your Mum has a speedy recovery..what did she have done Diane? Exciting parcels arriving at your house!! Not long to go now....do the family land in Manchester?? Exciting tmes for you!!

Ali Honey said...

I can feel your excitement levels rising! Love the cards everyone made.
Season's Greetings to all your family. ( just in case you don't get back to the computer between now and then )

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I'm so excited for you (the other stuff looks good too, but doesn't come close!!!!)

JoZart Designs said...

I can sense the tension but it won't be long now. I bet the Christmas party was a welcome distraction for you and it all looks such good fun..... and good food too. Hope your Mum is OK for Christmas.
Thinking of you....
Jo x

Maggi said...

Your group always seems to rise to the challenge, both with food and fabric!

Glad that your mum is doing well.