Monday 7 December 2015

MY LAST...

.... swap block for 2015 is the one for the Brit Bee... I managed to sew it yesterday.. in-between dinner with the parents and sort of entertaining the grandson!!.. he more or less just needs me to provide drinks and the occasional Mars Bar xx lol x.. this is the block requested..

 
 

....and this is how she hopes the finished quilt will look ...


PINK was requested (again!!).. I really am running out now .. which is why this fabric..


was dug out from "somewhere deep" in the stash!

Today ... having already done the EARLY school run xx....I am off to shop for dinner as my friend.. who has the BIG birthday is coming to spend the day ... to-morrow I am taking the parents to do their "special Christmas"  food swap ... there is a LIST!!!! ....Wednesday we are out for dinner then taking mother to the hospital for a little op (only there for the afternoon) ...... Thursday is MY chance to food shop AND Sandbach Quilt Group Christmas party ... Friday last cleaning day !!as if!..lol. and .....Saturday I will be pacing as the family FLY across the world from Australia xx

SO I don't think there will be much sewing done this week xx Hey-Ho xx

The no-brain Brussels Sprout knitting it will have to be!... oh! there was a suggestion .... Maggie!...I get a sprout and put it next to the knitting to see if it really resembles the colour !! WHAT.. buy a sprout and allow it into the house... are you MAD!!!!! lol x

Have a good week and I will catch-up when I can xx

Diane x

7 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Love the block, Diane! As for the sprout--I always have liked them. My favorite way is sliced in half broiled with a little olive oil. But, if you only had them boiled until they were limp, I can understand why they aren't on your favorites list! :)--Terry

Jo@awholeplotoflove said...

Your block looks really good, eww sprouts! I hate them x

JoZart Designs said...

I almost bought some sprouts the other day , only almost mind you, as they were a new variety.... frilly sprouts. All the leaves, petals (whatever they are called) really were FRILLY on tiny sprout... NAH! I'm sure they will taste the same and cause the same anti social results!
Have a great time with your family and CALM DOWN DEAR!! It will all be wonderful. You'll only be thinking of that tiny babe, aaahhhh!
Love Jo x

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lol Diane I think your week sounds a lot like my week...just different things to do but similar!

Lorraine said...

Calm down and carry on, else you'll 'explode' with excitment!Well done on getting your swap blocks all made. I feel the same about sprouts too, but with several family members loving em I have to buy a few!Yuk!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Keeping you busy while you wish away the minutes and hours until ...! I really like that block - simple but great effect

Maggi said...

You could always take the knitting to the greengrocers that way no sprout would be entering your house :).

Your block looks great. The quilt she is aiming for looks like a Secret Garden one.