Sunday 2 August 2015

FRIDAY...

.... was my 2 monthly catch-up with the girls I used to work with .. this time with a difference... as it was combined with the leaving "DO" for 2 girls that used to work with us xx We went to an Italian restaurant ... not my favourite .. but it was OK .. and some one else cooked the meal .. so I am NOT complaining xx lol x

There were 18 of us .... and just after we sat down a party of 9 were shown to their table .. and they were all district nurses on a leaving "DO" .. between us we knew them ALL!! (I knew 4 of them xx) SO.. all in all it was a fun and NOISY night xx LOVED IT xx ... the next one is September .. back to normal with just 5-6 of us xx

When I ventured into the craft room yesterday I managed some sorting and I also dug out a project that I have now finished...

...my daughters best friend got married FIVE YEARS ago .. remember that! .. and at the time I began work on a bed sized quilt for her ... then for some reason (!!) it got put down .. and pushed away and down and down!

I knew it was there .. I just never got it out ..SO ..FIVE YEARS of marinating later ... it only took me a few hours to finish ... I DID NOT make it bed size .. to be honest I don't know where the rest of the fabric is ... possibly used for other projects .. possibly I never had enough ... WHO KNOWS ? ,,, not me that's for sure!

BUT... I do have a runner that will fit on the end of a bed ...AND I saw her dad today and gave it ... and  ..a sort of an explanation .. to him and he has promised to deliver it for me xx

I went ALL OVER the house trying to find somewhere to take a picture that was 1. long enough for you to see the size....


and 2. be able to show the colours and patterns...






hopefully you get an idea of what it is like .

Then ... another project that I went ALL over the house (and outside) with is another Christmas present off the list x This time it was the COLOUR I was trying to get right x

James (grandson in Perth WA) has requested a Koala .. like the alien!! BUT he wants purple .. what is the worst colour to try and take a picture of ....





...the plain is a lovely rich plumb and the variegated is lots of lovely heathery colours xx Im sure you get the idea x

NEXT time I am working on something small and neutral in colour xx

Diane x

 

5 comments:

loulee said...

Love that bed runner, very nice.

Dotty's Daughter said...

Loving that quilt, something's are just worth waiting for, lol.....bet she will love it.xxxx

kiwikid said...

The bed runner is beautiful Diane well done for getting it finished!Love the koala!! Can;t wait to see the neutral project!! Lol!!

Maggi said...

Well done with the finish. Love the purple koala.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Love the runner! Hope the soft toys don't cost an arm and a leg to post! Mother in law wanted to sent something to Lisa as she was so cold. I got it yesterday and took it to the post office today, £11 something. I've posted it, and it will help Lisa get warm, but honestly, for that money she could buy several hot water bottles!!!!!!!!!! The things we do to keep the other generations happy!