Friday 10 October 2014

SOME DAYS JUST...

... go right and to-day was one of those ( for me anyway!) x

Sue ... www.kiwikidspage.blogspot.com .. and her husband Dave, are visiting the UK from Melbourne. Sue rang this morning to say they were coming to call on me as they travelled South xx YAY x

SO... the choice was .. clean up .. or make a cake ! I am sure you are all well aware of what I went with..


YEP .. I made a cake x

Mind you I could have cleaned up as well... but hey! I was not going to move the ornaments !! lol

WELL... I was beginning to think they had changed their minds when there was a knock at the door ....it was the postman!.... bringing me some Christmas fabrics to play with ..


at the same time the phone was ringing! OH NO! they had taken a detour from Manchester and went across instead of down  country and found themselves in ... LIVERPOOL! Never mind they were now in Crewe and on the way xx


We had a wonderful visit .. that went by far to quickly x I have to say that every quilter I have met .. in the flesh .. has been a lovely person .. and Sue was no exception x OH! and her husband was lovely too.. when he could get a word in sideways xxx lol x poor fella x

I had wanted to give Sue a little pressy .. so ...




.....a bag it was .. squashy to fit flat into her flight bag on the way home x I filled it with LOTS of sweets so that Dave could join in the fun x...


SO.. if a blogger says they are going to be in your area .. MEET UP x and your day will be wonderful too x

Diane x

10 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

You are so so sweet. Cake looks lovely.

Chookyblue...... said...

how nice you girls got to meet up..........lovely bag for Sue.....
I agree........everyone I have met in the flesh has been just as lovely as on there blogs.........

SharynB said...

It's always lovely to meet someone that you know online - it makes everything so real , doesn't it? Nice picture of you both!

SharynB said...

It's always lovely to meet someone that you know online - it makes everything so real , doesn't it? Nice picture of you both!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Oh yes, meeting IRL is great !

Michele said...

Really nice and so far I've been lucky enough to meet up with 2 bloggers. It definitely was fun.

Pinnylea Creations said...

Looks like you all had a great time (what was on the top of your cake - looks like small peas but I'm sure it's not lol). Perfect pressie for the trip home too xx

Carla said...

Isn't that fun! I have met a few of the bloggers I follow. Very fun to meet in person

kiwikid said...

I had a wonderful time Diane, the time went so quickly!! Mind you we would have had more time if my navigation skills were better!! I am glad you made the sponge instead of cleaning , it was beautiful and was enjoyed for lunch, afternoon snack and David had some for breakfast the next day!!! One happy traveller 😆 I am so glad we got to meet you, thank you again for the lovely bag and goodies.
xx

Maggi said...

Meeting fellow bloggers is always such fun and I'm sure that Sue and Dave enjoyed the cake more than a dusted house.