Monday 14 July 2014

I HAD....

......a picture chosen and a post all ready in my head for CALM which is the word for this week in .... Alsha's Space: 52 Weeks Word Photo Challenge !! THEN.. as happens .. it all changed xx

JUST prior to this picture being taken ....


Sam had been tearing up and down the garden .. trying to get too my neighbours cat! There are 5 of them and they take it in turn to torment him by walking along the wall... just in sight .. and ..just out of reach!! He came in .. threw himself on the bed .. and seemingly passed out!! LOL X NO Drama Queens here!!

Every year I like to join in a challenge that REALLY stretches me out of my lovely warm and protective comfort zone!! THIS year it is to make a whole series of swoon blocks !! ... shakes head and wonders .."what-on-earth-was-I-on-when-I-went-for-this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Too late now .. I'm in xx SO I have spent this afternoon making the first one x We make 2 for ourselves .. and 2 for each of the others in the group.. in their chosen colours. I decided to get AS MANY of the mistakes out of the way as possible ..with mine!! .. and let me tell you.. if it COULD or WOULD go wrong .. I DID IT TODAY!!! lol xx.. tomorrow will be better .. and quicker ..I hope xx


Off for a rest with a wet cloth over my eyes xx

Diane x  

9 comments:

mammafairy said...

You are either brave or mad! Those swoon blocks look like they have everything ready to go wrong! Ah well, as you say, you do love a challenge! And all will be well!

Julie Fukuda said...

That block calls out to me every time I see it but I can't think about making blocks to send away. That is a challenge too big.

Janet said...

I considered using a photo of my sleeping dog too. Aren't they just the epitome of calm once they stop barking and chasing things around?!

Carla said...

Oh my goodness. That's a lot of swooning. They do take some time to piece . Good luck : )

SharynB said...

Poor Sam, at least he was finally calm! I love swoon blocks, but boy, they can get fiddly at times, I've only made one!! Good luck doing a series of them!

kiwikid said...

Love the Sam photo!
Oh a swoon block that is new to me - there are lots and lots of seams to match up aren't there!!!Yours looks really good...how many more to do??? I will send over a cool G & T to go with the wet cloth!!
xx

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

You nutter! But it looks gorgeous !

Michele said...

Bad, bad cats. It will be fun to see your swoon blocks come together. As some point I'm going to make a swoon quilt too.

Maggi said...

Poor Sam.

What have you let yourself in for, although I have to say that I can't see anything wrong with that block.