Sunday 8 June 2014

YESTERDAY..

.. there was a D0-Your-Own-Thing-Day organised by Congleton Quilt group that I was signed up for x

Mind you I did not think I was going to make it! I had taken the boys out for their morning constitutional when it went BLACK.. then started to rain ...THEN lightening lit up the black.. THEN the thunder started !!!!!!!

NOW while Sam is not happy but tolerates this ... poor old Gus...

is terrified .. to say the least! I managed to get him home and then spent an hour calming him down xx He was like this ....


when I went out xx

It was a lovely day... the bells entertained us as there was a wedding x Mind you it was POURING down when the bride went in ... it stopped while she was in church .. then started again just before she came out!! OH! dear!! What did I work on? WELL...... I will show you a sneaky peek...



I will show you more when I have worked it all out xx lol xx

I have had my Christmas block for June ..


and some other lovely gifts ...


....all the way from Australia xx

Hope you have had a good weekend x

Diane x

8 comments:

Janet said...

My dog has that kind of fear of thunder too. And any loud noises. And anything that could be a weapon. And now apparently beavers too... Your quilting looks fantastic!

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Gorgeous quilting, My big girl is just the same any loud noises and she squeezes herself into the smallest of places for safety.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

The weather was bizarre! Like the flick of a switch from one type to another! The quilting looks great!

kiwikid said...

Poor Gus!! Hope he is ok now and the storm is far away! Your quilting looks interesting!
xx

Julie Fukuda said...

It has taken five years to get Nikko to walk past a boxing gym. At least when you know the noise is about to be heard, it is a bit easier. Thunder and earthquakes are too unpredictable.

quiltmania said...

Poor Gus! Love the hand quilting you are doing. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

SharynB said...

Poor Gus! A friend has just been telling me about "dog pheremones" that can be supplied by vets here in Oz. They help any little dog who is upset by anything, to relax and chill out. Worth looking into for things like this..
Now why would you be hand quilting? Lets see now!

Maggi said...

Poor Gus. My cats don't even seem to notice it!

Lovely block and gifts.