Friday 14 March 2014

GOOD MORNING....

.... you may remember me saying that is was to be the Sandbach quilt group meeting last night ... and that the FIRST challenge would be announced to the ladies xx WELL 24 turned up for the meeting ... AND ... 24 took the challenge xx I am SO happy x (must have sold it right!!! lol x)

NOW some folks had asked about it .. and maybe joining in x

SO ... here goes..

This is a challenge in 2 parts .FIRST..each of the ladies was given this ..



it is thick interfacing .. I think maybe used for pelmets or bag stiffening .. aprox 9.5 x 4 ins in size. It can be sew through, stuck to ,ironed on and is generally sturdy but pliable .The ladies have a month before the next meeting to make ... A BOOK MARK. They can keep the original size .. they can cut it up .. they can use any method they want .. to make a book mark.

A friend and I have been making them as fund raisers and so I had LOTS of examples to show them ..



SECOND part of the challenge is that it is ... A friendship challenge/swap.. so they each got to draw a name out of a hat .. and they make for that person. THEY decided to keep the names a secrete so that next month they will each have a lovely surprise xx

NOW if you want to join in and make your selves a book mark... go for it x If you want to swap and make me a book mark .. let me know in the comments box .. and I will swap addresses and send you one back xx Giving me a clue as to colour and theme would be helpful xx ... off to make one for my partner based on the colour of the jumper she was wearing last night xx

Have a fun day

Diane xx 

8 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

I have about a yard of this stiff stuff and was going to throw it away, glad I didn't. Great idea for a quick gift.

Podunk Pretties said...

I have about a yard of this stiff stuff and was going to throw it away, glad I didn't. Great idea for a quick gift.

quiltmania said...

Sounds like a really fun project! The bookmarks you have finished look great.

Lorraine said...

Hi Dianne
Bought some of this and never used any soo... and considering my attempt at Pay it Forward failed (absolutely no takers at all!:-() I would love to take part in this and make one of these!
Lorraine

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

What a great idea ! A bit like a postcard swap, but with a use at the end of it!

mammafairy said...

lovely thought, Di, I shall look forward to seeing results..

Sue Wild said...

Sounds a good idea. I have loads of pelmet Vilene bits from postcard making, probably a good way of using those bits up.

Maggi said...

Pelmet vilene is great for making bookmarks. You can also colour it with transfer dyes. Well done for getting so many involved in this.