Sunday 24 February 2013

HAVE YOU NOTICED....

...how, the COLOUR of the quilt you are working on effects your work? I was recently asked to make 2 baby quilts. The first one was requested to be,  a pastel rainbow in a simple design . OK .... I can do that, although pastels are not so much a favourite... I can do it ...


it came to-gether quickly ......and I managed to slip a bit of BOLD in there ... delivered and VERY happy with x

The second was to be ,any design... I can do that x AND .....(drum roll!) .... PINK! Can you believe any-one would ask ME for PINK! and BABY pink at that! groan ! I CAN DO THIS!

Well, it took me a while ... and I dragged my feet! ...and I muttered under AND over my breath! BUT..

Ta-Da...


We have a PINK baby quilt x I was MUCH happier with the back (s)...


Bright...and Bold...and FUN x

Hope you have a project you like the colour of to work on to-day x (I now have bits of PINK fabric that I have hidden at the bottom of a DEEP stash pile !! He-He)


Keep smiling

Diane x

6 comments:

Margaret Cooter said...

no baby pinks in my collection ... just hot pinks!

You've definitely risen to those challenges - what next??

Michele said...

Sometimes you have to suck it up for someone else. You did great eventhough it is your least favorite color.

Carla said...

Pink is not so bad. I never had any in my stash until my grand girls came along ; )
I'm sure Mom and baby were thrilled!

quiltmania said...

The reward for working with a colour you don't like is that now you have so much less of it in your stash. lol. I'm sure the mom and baby were thrilled with it.

Maria said...

Yep I love the back much better than the front Diane..
Very little pink in mystash either.

Maggi said...

Well done for rising to the challenge. It really is hard to work with colours that you don't enjoy