Thursday 12 April 2012

EXCITING PINK!!

I did not think I would be using those 2 words in the same sentence!! But I will xx

Last year my mum and dad bought me 2 magnolia plants, They were planted and fingers were crossed that they would survive the winter.

2 weeks ago they still resembled dried up sticks! THEN the leaves slowly appeared.

TODAY I made the EXCITING  (!) discovery of this PINK (!) development...


There I did it and got them both into the same sentence WoooHooo!

Will keep you posted as to whether it develops further xx

Keep smiling

Diane xx

8 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

The magnolias in my neighborhood are still so wonderful. They braved the wind storms, hanging on to those giant flowers. Now the ones on the south side, in the shade of buildings are in full bloom. Ours bloom before the leaves begin and then set those fuzzy buds during the summer. Last year, several of the trees bloomed during the summer as well.

Michele said...

That looks like it is going to be gorgeous.

Debra said...

That looks beautiful against the old bricks Di. It is exciting when a new p[lant flowers for the first time.

Podunk Pretties said...

The magnolias here have come and gone. They are such an eye catcher. May have to talk honey into getting one.

quiltmania said...

I'm waiting for mine to bud, I'm a little behind you. You will love it when it's in full bloom.

Annabelle said...

We have several varieties in the garden and this pink one is magnificent. Our early ones are already over - they bloom - it rains - they die. The very best - my favourite - is the huge flowering Grandiflora with creamy white flowers over eight inches across. Flowers continually for around six months.

Maggi said...

Looks like it's going to be fantastic Diane. You have been lucky that it was late enough to have missed the recent snow.

Catherine said...

Your magnolia is an amazing colour - great inspiration:-)